Archief F2 - Como Lake Preschool fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Como Lake Preschool fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Tekst document

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

archiefbewaarplaats

referentie code

CA CCOQ F2

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1952-2011 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    Como Lake Preschool

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

3.41 m of textual records
ca. 1000 photographs : col.
ca. 300 photographs : b&w

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(1952-2011)

Institutionele geschiedenis

Como Lake Preschool was founded in 1952 by Mrs. A Bennie and Mrs. Ellen Iveson in a rumpus room in the Sapperton District of New Westminster. When Mrs. Iveson moved to Coquitlam in 1954, the play group became more formalized and was relocated, first to a rented garage, then to the Como Lake United Church. The first teacher was hired in 1956 for morning classes of about twenty four and five year old children. In 1964, the preschool relocated again to the Scout Hall in Blue Mountain Park, where it remained until its dissolution. Como Lake Preschool operated as a parent participation preschool, which involved parents cooperating to run the preschool with qualified teachers.

Geschiedenis beheer

Prior to transfer, records were held by the last President of the preschool, Jacquie Hutchinson. Prior to the dissolution of the preschool, records were held at the Blue Mountain Scout Hall under the control of the preschool?s administration.

Bereik en inhoud

The fonds consists of records pertaining to the development and administration of the Como Lake Preschool from its inception in 1952 through to its dissolution in 2011. The fonds consists of committee meeting minutes, administrative records, newsletters, procedural handbooks, photographs, promotional materials, and a leather-bound history of the preschool. The records have been divided into 3 series as follows:
Series 1: Meeting Minutes
Series 2: Administrative records
Sub-series 1: Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
Sub-series 2: President?s Files
Sub-series 3: Newsletters
Sub-series 4: Written Histories
Sub-series 5: Ephemera
Sub-series 6: Financial records
Sub-series 7: General Administration
Series 3: Photographs

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Ordening

No original arrangement apparent. The Archivist arranged the fonds into three series according to the content of the records.

Taal van het materiaal

  • Engels

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

File list available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

No accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres