Como Lake Preschool

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Como Lake Preschool

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1952-2011

History

Como Lake Preschool was founded in 1952 by Mrs. A Bennie and Mrs. Ellen Iveson in a rumpus room in the Sapperton District of New Westminster. When Mrs. Iveson moved to Coquitlam in 1954, the play group became more formalized and was relocated, first to a rented garage, then to the Como Lake United Church. The first teacher was hired in 1956 for morning classes of about twenty four and five year old children. In 1964, the preschool relocated again to the Scout Hall in Blue Mountain Park, where it remained until its dissolution. Como Lake Preschool operated as a parent participation preschool, which involved parents cooperating to run the preschool with qualified teachers.

Places

Coquitlam

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

CLP-2013-10

Institution identifier

City of Coquitlam Archives

Rules and/or conventions used

ISAAR

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

24-10-2013

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC