Fonds F2 - Como Lake Preschool fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Como Lake Preschool fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA CCOQ F2

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1952-2011 (Creation)
    Creator
    Como Lake Preschool

Physical description area

Physical description

3.41 m of textual records
ca. 1000 photographs : col.
ca. 300 photographs : b&w

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1952-2011)

Administrative history

Como Lake Preschool was founded in 1952 by Mrs. A Bennie and Mrs. Ellen Iveson in a rumpus room in the Sapperton District of New Westminster. When Mrs. Iveson moved to Coquitlam in 1954, the play group became more formalized and was relocated, first to a rented garage, then to the Como Lake United Church. The first teacher was hired in 1956 for morning classes of about twenty four and five year old children. In 1964, the preschool relocated again to the Scout Hall in Blue Mountain Park, where it remained until its dissolution. Como Lake Preschool operated as a parent participation preschool, which involved parents cooperating to run the preschool with qualified teachers.

Custodial history

Prior to transfer, records were held by the last President of the preschool, Jacquie Hutchinson. Prior to the dissolution of the preschool, records were held at the Blue Mountain Scout Hall under the control of the preschool?s administration.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of records pertaining to the development and administration of the Como Lake Preschool from its inception in 1952 through to its dissolution in 2011. The fonds consists of committee meeting minutes, administrative records, newsletters, procedural handbooks, photographs, promotional materials, and a leather-bound history of the preschool. The records have been divided into 3 series as follows:
Series 1: Meeting Minutes
Series 2: Administrative records
Sub-series 1: Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
Sub-series 2: President?s Files
Sub-series 3: Newsletters
Sub-series 4: Written Histories
Sub-series 5: Ephemera
Sub-series 6: Financial records
Sub-series 7: General Administration
Series 3: Photographs

Notes area

Physical condition

Arrangement

No original arrangement apparent. The Archivist arranged the fonds into three series according to the content of the records.

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

File list available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres