collection F2 - Como Lake Preschool fonds

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

Como Lake Preschool fonds

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document textuel

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description

collection

Cote

CA CCOQ F2

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1952-2011 (Production)
    Producteur
    Como Lake Preschool

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

3.41 m of textual records
ca. 1000 photographs : col.
ca. 300 photographs : b&w

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

(1952-2011)

Histoire administrative

Como Lake Preschool was founded in 1952 by Mrs. A Bennie and Mrs. Ellen Iveson in a rumpus room in the Sapperton District of New Westminster. When Mrs. Iveson moved to Coquitlam in 1954, the play group became more formalized and was relocated, first to a rented garage, then to the Como Lake United Church. The first teacher was hired in 1956 for morning classes of about twenty four and five year old children. In 1964, the preschool relocated again to the Scout Hall in Blue Mountain Park, where it remained until its dissolution. Como Lake Preschool operated as a parent participation preschool, which involved parents cooperating to run the preschool with qualified teachers.

Historique de la conservation

Prior to transfer, records were held by the last President of the preschool, Jacquie Hutchinson. Prior to the dissolution of the preschool, records were held at the Blue Mountain Scout Hall under the control of the preschool?s administration.

Portée et contenu

The fonds consists of records pertaining to the development and administration of the Como Lake Preschool from its inception in 1952 through to its dissolution in 2011. The fonds consists of committee meeting minutes, administrative records, newsletters, procedural handbooks, photographs, promotional materials, and a leather-bound history of the preschool. The records have been divided into 3 series as follows:
Series 1: Meeting Minutes
Series 2: Administrative records
Sub-series 1: Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
Sub-series 2: President?s Files
Sub-series 3: Newsletters
Sub-series 4: Written Histories
Sub-series 5: Ephemera
Sub-series 6: Financial records
Sub-series 7: General Administration
Series 3: Photographs

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Classement

No original arrangement apparent. The Archivist arranged the fonds into three series according to the content of the records.

Langue des documents

  • anglais

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

File list available.

Instrument de recherche

Éléments associés

Éléments associés

Accroissements

No accruals expected.

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Genres associés