Pi?ce IT.0008 - Provincial Mental Health Services Annual and Graduation Program

Ouvrir Objet num?rique originale

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

Provincial Mental Health Services Annual and Graduation Program

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document textuel

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description

Pi?ce

Cote

CA CCOQ IT.0008

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1954 (Production)
    Producteur
    British Columbia. Provincial Mental Health Services

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

1 cm of textual records

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

(1950–1967; 1980–)

Histoire administrative

The provision of mental health services had its beginning in October 1872 when the Royal Hospital in Victoria was designated as the first Provincial Asylum under the jurisdiction of the Provincial Secretary.

On April 1, 1950 the British Columbia Mental Health Service was formally established and various mental health activities were amalgamated including New Westminster Hospital (which became Woodlands School), Colquitz Provincial Mental Hospital for the Criminally Insane (in Victoria), Essondale (including Crease clinic) and the Home for the Aged (in Coquitlam, Vernon and Terrace).

In 1959, Mental Health Services was transferred to the Dept. of Health Services and Hospital Insurance. The name was changed in 1967 to Mental Health Branch and changed again in 1975 to Mental Health Programs. The name reverted to Mental Health Services in 1980.

Between 1959 and 1968 the positions of Director and Deputy Minister were held by the same person. In 1968 the positions were separated, with Dr. H.W. Bridge as the Director of Mental Health Services, located in Vancouver, and Dr. F.G. Tucker as the Deputy Minister, located in Victoria. In September 1971 the position of Director was terminated. The statutory obligations of the Director were assumed by the Deputy Minister.

Historique de la conservation

The provenance of the annual and graduation program are unclear. They have been with the North Vancouver Museum and Archives for an unknown period of time and they have no documentation related to the material.

Portée et contenu

The item consists of an Annual from the Class of 1954 from the Psychiatric Nursing Program at Essondale, with a copy of the Graduation Program from the same year.

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Classement

Langue des documents

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Objet num?rique (Matrice) zone des droits

Objet num?rique (R?f?rence) zone des droits

Objet num?rique (Imagette) zone des droits

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Genres associés