Welcome to QUEST -
the City of Coquitlam Archives Online Search Portal
About the Archives
The City of Coquitlam Archives was founded in 2013, with the mandate to preserve and make accessible the records of enduring value of the City of Coquitlam and its predecessor administrative bodies. The Archives also acquires, preserves, and makes accessible the records of businesses, organizations, and private individuals that are of significance to the municipality and deemed worthy of long-term preservation.
Reference is currently by appointment only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-927-3907 to book an appointment.
1. To search the collection, start typing your search term into the search box. A drop-down menu will offer you some options relating to your search. If you see the record you are looking for in the drop-down menu, simply click on the record to navigate to it. If you do not see what you are searching for, press enter and all of the search results will be displayed.
2. You can then filter your search results using the menus on the left hand side of the page. You can limit your search results to a specific level of archival description, creator, name, place, or subject.
3. Make use of special characters (also known as wildcards) to help make your search more specific.
Some of the more common wildcards are described below:
a) Use quotation marks ("") around your search term to search for exact wording. Ex. "school" will find school but not schools
b) Use asterisks (*) as multiple character wildcards. Ex. In order to search for anything related to schools, schooling, preschool etc. use *school*
c) Use question marks (?) as single character wildcards. Ex. polic? will find police and policy
4. You can also make use of the advanced search option, which allows you to build complex queries to search in the system. A number of filters are available to narrow your search.
5. Another option is to browse archival descriptions by selecting this option after clicking the browse button to the left of the search bar.