Title and statement of responsibility area
Meridian Heights Farmers Institute fonds
Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal
- Tekst document
Title statements of responsibility
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
- Meridian Heights Farmers Institute
- Coquitlam, BC
6 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Naam van de archiefvormer
The Meridian Heights Farmers Institute was formed in the early 1930s (exact date unknown, however the first available Minutes from January 4th, 1932 make mention of thanks to be given to Mr. Morris, Mr. Gillis, and Mr. Martin for their assistance in the formation of the institute). Farmers Institutes were created by district under the jurisdiction of the Department of Agriculture and the Superintendent of Farmers’ Institutes. The Superintendent served as a Director on each local board. Meetings of the Meridian Heights Farmers Institute were held in Glen School for several meetings in 1932 until the Institute moved its regular meetings to Victoria Hall School. The Institute met to discuss issues relating to the community including road development, land development, employment, worker’s rights, price of goods, buildings etc., and they also organized and held social gatherings with the women’s auxiliary at the Meridian Heights Farmers Institute Hall (also known as Victoria Hall and Dogpatch Hall). The Farmers Institute served as the centre of the community that was very isolated in the early days of settlement. The Institute was later replaced by the Ratepayers Association in the 1950s.
The donor's father (name unknown) was the President of the Institute (tenure dates unknown). When Victoria Hall (Dogpatch Hall) was being renovated (date unknown, possibly ca. 2006) he took them home for safekeeping and somehow they ended up in the possession of his daughter, M. Ellen Lauridsen who donated them to the City of Coquitlam.
Bereik en inhoud
The fonds consists of minute books, a ledger book, loose minutes, correspondence, an insurance policy, financial statements 1932-1951, Annual Reports 1933-1950, loose meeting minutes 1953, and an empty membership book.
Taal van het materiaal
Schrift van het materiaal
Plaats van originelen
Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten
Restrictions on access
Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.
File list available.
No further accruals expected.