Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Variations in title: Previously called "The Psychiatric Nurse" and "The Psych Nurse"
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1951 - 1976 (Creation)
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
This subseries consists of an incomplete run of volumes of the Canadian Journal of Psychiatric Nursing (formerly the Psych Nurse and The Psychiatric Nurse) collected by the School of Psychiatric Nursing.
The first edition of the journal (1951) was a joint project sponsored by the newly created Council of British Columbia Psychiatric Nurses Association and the Saskatchewan Psychiatric Nurses Association. The first edition was published by Godfrey Haliburton, editor of the Burquitlam Star. The next several issues were jointly sponsored projects and were not in a continuous cycle of production. This subseries includes the first issue in 1951, and the first quarterly issue from 1952.
In the 1960s the journal changed ownership and was published by The Psychiatric Nurses' Association of Canada. They abbreviated its name to The Psych Nurse, and in June 1966 changed the name of the journal to The Canadian Journal of Psychiatric Nursing. The subseries contains v.2, no. 2 (1962); v.4, no. 1 (1965); v.7, no. 1,3-7, 9 (1966); v.8, no. 2-3, 5-10 (1967); v.9, no. 1-10 (1968); and v.10, no. 1-5, 7-10 (1969).
Throughout its history the journal features articles from nurses at Riverview Hospital.
Language of material