Valleyview Hospital

Taxonomie

Code

Bereik aantekeningen

  • Valleyview Hospital was a geriatric care unit on Riverview Hospital grounds. It originally opened in 1936, housed in the buildings that were used by the old Boy’s Industrial School at Coquitlam. At this time it was known as the Home for the Aged, a name taken from the Provincial Act under which it functioned. Over time, more buildings were added to the Homes for the Aged. Additionally, two other Homes for the Aged were opened and operated by the Mental Health Services Branch in Vernon in 1949 (Dellview) and Terrace in 1950 (Skeenaview). In 1959, the Admission and Infirmary Building for the Aged, also known as Valleyview 300 opened. The series of buildings were collectively renamed Valleyview Hospital. In 1986 Valleyview and Riverview Hospital amalgamated under one operational umbrella. Valleyview Pavilion operated until 2012, when Riverview Hospital closed, and the Valleyview Pavilion was demolished in 2016.

ron aantekeningen

Toon aantekening(en)

Hiërarchische termen

Valleyview Hospital

Valleyview Hospital

Gelijksoortige termen

Valleyview Hospital

  • UF Home for the Aged
  • UF Homes for the Aged

Verwante termen

Valleyview Hospital

33 Archivistische beschrijving results for Valleyview Hospital

26 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Resultaten 31 tot 33 van 33