Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The SCCBC began racing at the Abbotsford Airport from 1952 to 1956. In 1957 the membership raised funding through debentures and built a full service road course in Coquitlam on Crown Land leased from the Provincial Government. For the next 32 years the club operated the track known as Westwood Motorsport Park, and affectionately referred to as Mountain High Racing. Westwood gained recognition throughout North America and played host to such greats as Gilles Villeneuve, Bobby Rahal, and Michael Andretti. The annual Atlantic series races often drew over 10,000 spectators. The facility was closed in 1990 to make way for the Westwood Plateau housing development.
In July 1994, the Club opened its current racing venue, the road course at Mission Raceway Park, thanks to support from the BC Custom Car Association and Molson Indy Vancouver. The track, a tight two kilometer, seven turn course, provided a challenge to drivers and offered exceptional viewing for spectators.
Westwood Plateau, Coquitlam (B.C.)