Our Lady of Fatima Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Our Lady of Fatima Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1946-

History

On November 17, 1946, Rev. Ovila Meunier, an Oblate of Mary Immaculate (OMI), met with a group living on the west side of Lebleu Street to plan a new parish that would honour Our Lady of Fatima. During this meeting, John Lambert was elected as the President of the new Parish Council. Five acres of land were purchased on Alderson Street, which included two small houses. On December 8, 1946, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, the first Mass at Our Lady of Fatima was celebrated.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

OLF-2017-6

Institution identifier

CCOQ

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created 2017-06-30

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC