This subseries consists of an incomplete run of volumes of the Canadian Journal of Psychiatric Nursing (formerly the Psych Nurse and The Psychiatric Nurse) collected by the School of Psychiatric Nursing.
The first edition of the journal (1951) was a joint project sponsored by the newly created Council of British Columbia Psychiatric Nurses Association and the Saskatchewan Psychiatric Nurses Association. The first edition was published by Godfrey Haliburton, editor of the Burquitlam Star. The next several issues were jointly sponsored projects and were not in a continuous cycle of production. This subseries includes the first issue in 1951, and the first quarterly issue from 1952.
In the 1960s the journal changed ownership and was published by The Psychiatric Nurses' Association of Canada. They abbreviated its name to The Psych Nurse, and in June 1966 changed the name of the journal to The Canadian Journal of Psychiatric Nursing. The subseries contains v.2, no. 2 (1962); v.4, no. 1 (1965); v.7, no. 1,3-7, 9 (1966); v.8, no. 2-3, 5-10 (1967); v.9, no. 1-10 (1968); and v.10, no. 1-5, 7-10 (1969).
Throughout its history the journal features articles from nurses at Riverview Hospital.