The fonds consists of records made or accumulated in the course of conducting the operational and administrative business of the various departments of the Corporation of the District of Coquitlam from the time of incorporation in 1891 until amalgamation with Fraser Mills in 1971.
The series consists of records relating to the amalgamation of the Corporation of the District of Fraser Mills and the Corporation of the District of Coquitlam. It includes draft agreements, correspondence, and newspaper clippings.
The series includes financial statements prepared by a number of different chartered accountants on behalf of the Corporation of the District of Coquitlam for the years 1912 to 1970. Earlier documents include boiler plate information about elected officials and department heads while later documents provide statistics and other information about the municipality as well as a selection of photographs in a few cases.