File F01 - Correspondence

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Correspondence

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

File

Reference code

CA CCOQ C1-S2-SS3-F01

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • October 27, 1952 (Creation)
    Creator
    Moody Junior-Senior High School

Physical description area

Physical description

1 mm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1951–)

Administrative history

Moody Junior-Senior High School is a junior high school located at 130 Buller St, Port Moody, British Columbia.

By the 1950s Port Moody needed a new school to replace the now aging Central School. Moody Junior-Senior High School was built to house grades 7-12 at 3115 St. John's St. in 1951. The school was originally supposed to be called 'Port Moody Junior-Senior High School' but a mistake had been made on the sign. The school opened with 19 teachers and 404 students from Ioco, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody.

In 1962, Moody High School began expansion, including a band room, cafeteria, four classrooms, a student council room and book storage area. Changes were being made to accommodate a larger student population, and extracurricular activities. On March 24th, 1969, the school was completely destroyed in a fire. For the final months of the 1969 school year, students attended classes at Como Lake Secondary School.

Port Moody's replacement high school was completed and ready for students by the spring of 1970, but the school board decided to wait until September to open the school to avoid disrupting the students further. In September 1970, the first classes were held in the brand new building.

By 1973, the school was converted to a junior high school, as another school called Port Moody Senior Secondary was built to accommodate the growing number of high school students. The junior high school was then renamed Moody Middle School in the late 1990's. In 2018, the facility was demolished and rebuilt by Omicron Architects and Olivit Construction. It was also renamed École Moody Middle School of the Arts.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The file consists of one piece of correspondence from the Exchange Editor of the "Pocomoco"

Notes area

Physical condition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres